Over the years 3D printing has evolved excellently and this technique plays a major role in different industries such as manufacturing, medicine, art, design etc., 3D printing filaments are thermoplastic raw materials used for filament freeform fabrication. The kind of PA CF filament used impacts the process of 3D printing. A good filament is the one which has a higher consistency of diameter and which is evenly wound on the spool with an accurate tension without getting tangled when unwound.
Carbon fiber filaments actually refer to a class of filaments made from different base materials that have tiny carbon fibers infused in them. The base material could be any of the most common filament materials used today: PLA, ABS, PETG, Nylon, and more. Carbon fibers serve to increase the durability of the product printed from the filament in terms of stiffness and tensile strength.
Carbon fibers are thin (about 5 to 10 micrometers diameter) fibers composed of carbon atoms bonded together in a crystalline formation. Layers of these carbon atoms are haphazardly crumpled together, creating bonds and lending a very high tensile strength to the product. The crystal alignment gives the fiber an excellent strength-to-volume ratio, allowing carbon fiber to be woven into a variety of applications.
Carbon fiber is one of the most widely used additives for the strength reinforcement of composite materials. This is especially true for applications where weight is a critical consideration, as carbon fiber has a very high strength-to-weight ratio. Carbon fiber reinforced polymers have been widely used in the aerospace (wing spars, airplane hulls), automotive (wheels, chassis), and sporting goods (tennis racquets, bicycle frames) industry. Its excellent strength and lightweight properties also translate to advantages in using carbon fiber filaments in 3D printing. The main strengths of carbon fiber lie in its excellent strength-to-volume ratio and very high strength-to-weight ratio.
Now, the Platinum PA- filament characterstics:
- Environmentally friendly, Nylon based, 20% carbon fiber;
- Printing smoothly, odourlessness, matte finish printing effect;
- High Strength, High Rigidity, Good Toughness, Wear Resisting, Fitting to 3D print industrial parts;
- HD T Top 160℃, then suitable for the high temp occasion;
- Compared with Nylon, it has lower shrink rate and distortion, high accuracy without warped edge;
- Good flame resistance, Flame-retardant level: UL94-V2;
- Stainless steel nozzle shall be needed instead of quick-wear bronze nozzle when using CFRPA filament.
For more visit: 3D printing filament